Strategic planning, project management, global insights and partnerships
The International Academy for Social Development provides technical assistance, training and management services to its prospective clients in the following arenas:
- Those institutions that are pursuing initial national or regional accreditation or pursuing re-certification.
- IASD has developed a manual that will be helpful to all newly opened institutions of Secondary and Higher Education that are interested to serve foreign students, IASD would assist and guide these institutions by providing Technical Assistance and Training in getting an initial approval from the US Department of Homeland Security, ICE, (Immigration and Custom Enforcement Agency). This approval would authorize institutions to issue I-20 to foreign Students so that they are able to request Student visas (F-1, non-immigrant visas) from American embassies overseas in the countries where they reside.
- Institutions of higher/secondary education, including colleges, universities and secondary schools that have been approved by ICE to issue I-20, IASD would assist those institutions in completing and maintaining appropriate documents and would assist in developing a Compliance Manual for Foreign Students. This would help the foreign students to stay incompliance with the ICE/SEVIS (Homeland Security) regulations to maintain I-20 status during their stay in the United States. An easy to follow a To Do List will be provided.
- Offer technical assistance and training related to managing enrollment and recruiting international students for schools, colleges and universities that are on the certified list of SEVIS/ICE and SCHEV (State Council on Higher Education in Virginia), Maryland Higher Education Commission and District of Columbia, Office of the State Superintendent/State Board of Education.
- Provide consultation in developing a framework and processes in developing in-house academic standards and criteria unique to their institutional mission. This would guide the institution to measure SAP (Satisfactory Academic Performance Requirements) as mandated by most of the accreditation agencies including ACICS and SACS.
- Develop IEP (Institutional Effectiveness Plan) as mandated by ACICS (Accrediting Agency for Independent Colleges and Schools) and SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and other CHEA approved agencies.
- Offer expert Technical Assistance in developing initial proposal for funding from International Agencies such as, USAID, MCC, World Bank Group, UNDP and other external donors.
- Provide expert services in the form of technical assistance and training related to Project Design Monitoring & Evaluation.
© 2019 International Academy of Social Development, LLC (Updated August 2015)